The help desk is the single point of contact for all Information Technology (IT) service requests and incidents. It provides first level technical support to all clients, and is committed to address computer and telecommunication needs by providing the highest level of technical support.
The selected candidate will be responsible for handling inbound calls from external customers seeking technical support.
Job Responsibilities include:
Answer and resolve technical support calls to our Help Desk.
Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software related IT issues.
Prepare and install computers in a Windows domain.
Deploy and troubleshoot local and network printers.
Work with outside vendors to assist in supporting their systems within our customers’ environments.
Enter and track work using a ticketing system.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with our clients in person, over the phone, and via email.
Assist with unpacking of computers and monitors when we receive shipments.
- A degree from an accredited college and one year of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last seven years, mid-range computer and/or LAN or WAN computer environments in the areas of data entry or production control; or
- An associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and 2 years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in "1" above; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and four years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in "1" above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above.
Undergraduate college credit can be substituted for experience on the basis of 30 semester credits, from an accredited college, for six months of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and two years of satisfactory full-time mainframe computer, mid-range computer, and/or LAN or WAN computer experience, acquired within the last seven years, in the areas of tape library, data entry, or production control.
- Comp TIA A+ Certification
- Experience with imaging software a plus.
- Previous experience servers a plus.
- Experience with MAC
- Minimum two (2) years of working experience with an emphasis on PC support in a Microsoft environment
- Strong technical acumen and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IT systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10, Office 365
- Ability to travel to remote location
- Must be able to lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs