The selected candidate will be responsible for handling inbound calls and onsite support from external customers seeking technical support.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provide remote and onsite technical support.
- Answer and resolve technical support calls to our Help Desk.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software related IT issues.
- Prepare and install computers in a Windows domain.
- Deploy and troubleshoot local and network printers.
- Manage Active Directory user accounts and Exchange mailboxes.
- Manage Office 365 hosted Exchange environments.
- Familiarity with structured cabling such as Ethernet cable terminations and the use of a cable toner and cable tester.
- Work with outside vendors to assist in supporting their systems within our customers’ environments.
- Enter and track work using a ticketing system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with our clients in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Must have a car and the ability to travel throughout Long Island and the five boroughs.
- A degree from an accredited college and two years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last seven years, mid-range computer and/or LAN or WAN computer environments in the areas of data entry or production control; or
- An associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and 3 years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in "1" above; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired with the last seven years, as described in "1" above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above.
Undergraduate college credit can be substituted for experience on the basis of 30 semester credits, from an accredited college, for six months of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and two years of satisfactory full-time mainframe computer, mid-range computer, and/or LAN or WAN computer experience, acquired within the last seven years, in the areas of tape library, data entry, or production control.
- Comp TIA A+ Certification
- Experience with imaging software a plus.
- Previous experience servers a plus.
- Experience with MAC
- Minimum two (2) years of working experience with an emphasis on PC support in a Microsoft environment
- Strong technical acumen and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IT systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/10, Office 365
- Ability to travel to remote location
- Must be able to lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs